Friday, April 13, 2007

*Hey... i didn't even update my own blog... Recently have been real busy with SL "Bring pets to life". Well... I guess if u have been reading my post, u'll probably realise that "teh" is my favourite typo. U get what I mean...

I checked out the animated pets that you mentioned. It turned out that our whole team wasn't satisfied with those so called "pets". My current pet's animation consist of walking, turning back to face the owner. A lot more simple animations can be added, but I'm still trying to break the "broken model" barrier.

Technically it's now broken down into states where I can use the same method to make different animation. At the same time, I'm glad that Chicken has passed me the script for retrieving data from his server. With that, I am trying to use those values "Emotions" to compute and come up with the appropriate states for different animations.

Even without all those features that I'm about to add, I would consider the current pet that I am holding as a standard pet according to SecondLife's standard.

At the same time, I'm also facing the problem of broken model during animation. For that i have tried many methods, including llMessageLinked and putting customised animation scripts in the required prims. For today I'm trying the method of controlling links during transformations.


*It's kinda crappy that school comps aren't available during weekends... -sigh

No comments: