Friday, April 20, 2007

Red Carpets Rolling Soon ...

Indeed it is, but til then - here are the updates for me as my team and I wrap up the designs and functionalities. With all the major parts more or less working and done, we've not wasted away the rest of our time for the FYP ... we've made enhancements and additions to spruce up the look a bit. Like what Nanami mentioned in the previous post, Mr Soren visited us and advised us on some design issues; but being rather late into the project already, we could only make minor changes to improve the situation without having to revamp an entire chunk of objects. As usual, I'll explain each picture as I move along.

The waiting room with our metallic friends, combining my modelled robots and Ha0's wandering script .. we have robots patrolling and talking about our client. There's Rollerbot (it has wheels for feet), Sweeperbot (it has flaps that drape downwards and moves in a sweeping motion as it moves around; it has exhaust columns on it as well), Spiderbot (in true geek-dom, I just couldn't avoid adding a robot that was quad-pedal and house a rather sinister look [oops]) and finally there's Swingybot (it's the only stationary robot there but very noticeable due to its flexible arms that swing around).


The updated look of the SIDM/NYP room; I've kept the look of clean lines and something of a different style (notice the elaborate designs of the other rooms) I've added frames for the students' works to be displayed as well. Also, there are down and underlights for greater atmosphere.


Two frames in this room house an SIDM poster which I quickly did with Photoshop for a quick overview of what SIDM is all about. By the way, the logos have links to its respective sites too.


It's been quite overdue but I eventually got down to it. That's right. The cliff now looks more natural. Now, Kazaf won't have to complain the waves crashing into our island are ... err ... (is it appropriate to say this publicly?) gay?


I've also glammed up our reception with overhead fountains (something unique) and path lights that spread out visually. Looks really good IMO ;)


As we draw closer to the big day, we're doing all we can to make this something our client and ourselves proud of, and truly call our own.

No comments: