Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Lesson with Mera Pixel, fun and interesting way to learn rather than reading boring tutorials.














Lesson with Dorie Bernstein, she taught scripting instead of Tao with Torus… haha, and she didn’t realize it till the end.













Lesson with Dorie Bernstein, Interesting lesson, though similar to the lesson with Mera Pixel… I like her “projector” though.














Comments !!! !!!

::Hui Ping::
Online lesson is a refreshing experience. Anyway we had fun till nearly forget to take screen shots... ha...
Pros: It re-enforced the tutorial I found on Help Island. As well as learn much more new ticks.
Cons: Sometime, Eg: the building of cones, its too distracting with the amount of objects moving and quite laggy when too many cones appear...

::Rena::
Today s lesson was fun and interesting. The teachers were much more fun and friendly than I thought. However, there were some disruptions during the class that makes it annoying. After these lessons, I feel know the basics better and it certainly beats having to read through all the long, dry tutorial at help island. The best part about lesson is, Dorie Bernstein has this "Slide Show" which makes learning in second life a whole lot easier!

::Jason::
Initially, I thought the idea of having a lesson inside a game was lame. However, the classes turned out pretty interesting. The teachers were quite helpful and patient. The in-class exercises were effective in helping me understand more about Second Life. The pace is a little slow to accomodate to everyone's learning speed, but I'm alright with it.
Overall, I feel that having a class inside a game is very refreshing and different from what we have in real life. I look forward to more of such lessons.

No comments: