Tuesday, March 27, 2007

SL-island week 4

Melissa:

Didn't update much last week, so now I'll make up for it. *drumrolls*


I revamped the reception, re-did the waiting lounge and refurbished the bar (yep, our secret is finally disclosed). I actually went around SL to do some shopping and researching. Most of the stuff sold were pretty decent but stil doable, so I didn't spend much time buying furnitures. I spent the time flying around SL, getting ideas, inspirations, etc and then built most of the stuff back 'home'. It's more worthwhile this way. I've also themed the rooms I built so I'm more organised that way. This suggestion is thanks to Ms Jaime and Mr Soren for suggesting to put the reception in an aquarium...

Here are some pictures:

Le' Reception Revamped


I have a more colorful version, but I'll jus show this. This room is themed 'Earthern Glam', though it's more jungle than glamourous... I've kept it down to earth because it's still business afterall. But it's not complete, there's still room for improvements, and I'm open to feedbacks. I replaced the waterfall walls with hanging moss because it's not as laggy and easier to color co-ordinate. That pink just clashed with everything I wanted to do.


Freaky - the adoring plant.


Meet Freaky the stray plant I picked up. He was a freebie among many other fun and crazy stuff I picked up while window-shopping SL. I modified him abit, so he's more endearing then freaky. He's currenly staying in the Waiting Lounge, themed as 'Icy Heaven'. 'Heaven' here refers to our plan to build this room way up in SL. But this idea might be scrapped in view of better ideas from our Landscape Meastro - Gabriel. So the theme might be tweaked abit. Currently this place is under constructions.



Waiting Lounge - waterfall view

'K, last of all, the Bar. Currently it's called Le'Noir cos of the very gothic looking chandelier. Yes, sounds very French. That name came on a whim, just like most of the stuff I've built/bought for this room. The theme is very abstract at the moment, cos I've just been rumaging through my soon-to-explode inventory, and piecing up knick-knacks for this room. Will be adding more interactive stuff like darts, drinks dispenser, and hopefully a dance floor. SL-Fever anyone? Oh yea, the piano we bought is playble, color-changeable, poseable, etc. Really cool stuff.

Bob the Bartender welcomes you to Le' Noir


That's all for now.




Ren Hao:


Christie/sensor
Did the sensor detection for Christie.
She can detect visitors and greets them without having to click on her. She has a short term memory though, after 1 minute she will forget the same visitor she greeted before and will greet again.


Flying Hamtaro

Next I did the flying Hamtaro. It will randomly move around the island in random direction. Well, it will get lost somehow lol. Will be adding restriction to prevent that.







Ham ham Tour

Next I did the Ham Ham tour. For now is a simple tour outside the reception area and the waiting area. Will finish out the whole tour when the island layout is out.

No comments: